ANA LISA HEDSTROM
EDUCATION: Mills College, Oakland, CA. BA in Art
SOLO EXHIBITIONS: Fiberscene.com on line exhibit 2009, Fresno Art Museum, Fresno, CA, 2008; Leedy Voulkos Gallery, Kansas City, SDA Conference, 2005; University of North Texas, 2005; Robert Hillstad Gallery, University of Nebraska, 2004; Bowling Green State University, Ohio, 2004; Musee Marsil, Montreal, Canada, 2001; Galerie Smend, Cologne, Germany, 1999
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS: QUILT NATIONAL 2015, Athens Ohio; MATERIALS HARD AND SOFT, Denton Texas, 2014-1015; RESIST DYE ON THE SILK ROAD: CONTEMPORARY ART, China National Silk Museum, Hangzhou, China, 2014; MNEMONIKOS, Jim Thompson Art Center, Bangkok, Thailand, 2013-2014; TO DYE FOR, De Young Museum, 2010 FIBERART INTERNATIONAL, 2010: Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, Pittsburgh, PA; STRUCTURE SURFACE EXPRESSION: QUILT DIRECTIONS TODAY: Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, 2008. ART WEAR: FASHION AND ANTI-FASHION: Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 2005. QUILT NATIONAL, Ohio, 2005 and 2003; GENERATIONS/TRANSFORMATION: AMERICAN FIBER ART, American Textile History Museum, Lowell, MA 2003; IRONIC TO ICONIC, Oakland Museum, Oakland, CA 2003; FIBERART INTERNATIONAL, Pittsburgh, PA 2001; ART, IMAGE AND IDENTITY, Los Angeles County Museum, L.A. CA 2001; SHIBORI, S.F. Craft and Folk Art Museum, 2001
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS: CRAFT IN AMERICA, Jo Lauria, CONTEMPORARY QUILT ART, Kate Lenkowsky; SILK, Mary Schoeser; ART WEAR; FASHION AND ANTI FASHION, Melissa Leventon; MEMORY ON CLOTH: SHIBORI NOW, Yoshiko Wada; SHIBORI, Wada, Rice and Barton; FIBERARTS BOOK OF WEARABLE ART; Katherine Aimone; THE BOOK OF SILK, Phillipa Scott; THE KIMONO INSPIRATION, Wada, Dale & Corwin
- Emeryville City Purchase Award, 2008
- American Craft Council Fellow, 2003
- National Endowment of the Arts Craftsman Grants, 1988, 1982 Ideacomo Award
- Third International Textile Competition, Tokyo, 1988
- Instructor, S.F. State University, 2002-2006
- Instructor, CCA, 2005-2996
- Instructor; University of Minnesota Summer Program, 1994-2008
- Workshop Instructor and Lecturer; conferences in Australia, Chile, England, Japan, India, Canada, and the US.
- US Embassy, Brunei
- Emeryville City Hall Purchase Award
- The Museum of Art and Design, N.Y.
- The Smithsonian Cooper Hewitt Museum, N.Y.
- The De Young Museum, S.F., CA
- The Oakland Museum, Oakland CA
- The Racine Museum, Racine, Wisconsin
- Takeda Kahei Shoten, Arimatsu, Japan
- Aiichi Shibori Archive, Nagoya, Japan
- Lloyd Cotsen Collection, Los Angeles, CA